Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Gary Yang

Hi David,

Can you please add two columns on the topic? One is Title ID, another is Approved by?

Here is the reason.
I am going to develop a pre-check in trigger. The user needs to enter the Codestriker title ID and the person’s name who approved this topic when he/she submit the code. The check-in fails if the title ID is not provided in the check-in description, or the title is not approved. Please let me know if you can add those two columns.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Hi Gary,

You should be able to accomplish this using topic metrics.  Have a
look inside codestriker.conf at the bottom, and the metrics
definitions in Codestriker.pm.

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Gary Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Can you please add two columns on the topic? One is Title ID, another is Approved by?
>
> Here is the reason.
> I am going to develop a pre-check in trigger. The user needs to enter the Codestriker title ID and the person’s name who approved this topic when he/she submit the code. The check-in fails if the title ID is not provided in the check-in description, or the title is not approved. Please let me know if you can add those two columns.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Gary

Re: Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Gary Yang

David,

In Codestriker.pm, I added lines below to @metrics_schema.
   {
    name=>"Topic ID",
    description=>"Topic ID",
    scope=>"topic",
    enabled=>1,
    filter=>"count"
   },

In codestriker.conf:
$metric_config = "Topic ID";

Restarted apache server:
 /usr/sbin/apachectl -k restart

However, the "Topic ID" colomn does not show in the "viewing Topic" browswer after I created a new title. What I want is the "Topic ID" colomn shows in the "View Top" and it is auto generated whenever a topic is created.  Please let me know how to achieve it.

Thanks,

Gary

> You should be able to accomplish this using topic
> metrics.  Have a
> look inside codestriker.conf at the bottom, and the
> metrics
> definitions in Codestriker.pm.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Gary Yang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Can you please add two columns on the topic? One is
> Title ID, another is Approved by?
> >
> > Here is the reason.
> > I am going to develop a pre-check in trigger. The user
> needs to enter the Codestriker title ID and the person’s
> name who approved this topic when he/she submit the code.
> The check-in fails if the title ID is not provided in the
> check-in description, or the title is not approved. Please
> let me know if you can add those two columns.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Gary

Re: Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Hi Gary,

You'll see this metric in the "Topic Information" tab.  It won't be
auto-generated though.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do from your pre-commit hook, but
assuming you might be accessing the Codestriker database directly, can
you not just use the topicid field from the topic table directly?

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Gary Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> David,
>
> In Codestriker.pm, I added lines below to @metrics_schema.
>   {
>    name=>"Topic ID",
>    description=>"Topic ID",
>    scope=>"topic",
>    enabled=>1,
>    filter=>"count"
>   },
>
> In codestriker.conf:
> $metric_config = "Topic ID";
>
> Restarted apache server:
>  /usr/sbin/apachectl -k restart
>

> However, the "Topic ID" colomn does not show in the "viewing Topic" browswer after I created a new title. What I want is the "Topic ID" colomn shows in the "View Top" and it is auto generated whenever a topic is created.  Please let me know how to achieve it.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Gary

I created three same titles. The codestriker did not stop me by creating same title repeatly. This is the primary reason I would like to have a ID auto generated each time when a title created. I will be able to distingush the topics even they have same title. I would like to hack the code to add this function if it is possible. Can you please give me the guidance and tell me where I should start with?

Thanks,

Gary

> You'll see this metric in the "Topic Information"
> tab.  It won't be
> auto-generated though.
>
> I'm not sure what you are trying to do from your pre-commit
> hook, but
> assuming you might be accessing the Codestriker database
> directly, can
> you not just use the topicid field from the topic table
> directly?
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Gary Yang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > David,
> >
> > In Codestriker.pm, I added lines below to
> @metrics_schema.
> >   {
> >    name=>"Topic ID",
> >    description=>"Topic ID",
> >    scope=>"topic",
> >    enabled=>1,
> >    filter=>"count"
> >   },
> >
> > In codestriker.conf:
> > $metric_config = "Topic ID";
> >
> > Restarted apache server:
> >  /usr/sbin/apachectl -k restart
> >

> > However, the "Topic ID" colomn does not show in the
> "viewing Topic" browswer after I created a new title. What I
> want is the "Topic ID" colomn shows in the "View Top" and it
> is auto generated whenever a topic is created.  Please let
> me know how to achieve it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Gary
> >

> > --- On Wed, 5/6/09, David Sitsky <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> From: David Sitsky <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Re: Can you please add two columns on the
> topic?
> >> To: "Gary Yang" <[hidden email]>
> >> Cc: [hidden email]
> >> Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 3:12 PM
> >> Hi Gary,
> >>
> >> You should be able to accomplish this using topic
> >> metrics.  Have a
> >> look inside codestriker.conf at the bottom, and
> the
> >> metrics
> >> definitions in Codestriker.pm.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> David

> One is
> >> Title ID, another is Approved by?

> The user
> >> needs to enter the Codestriker title ID and the
> person’s
> >> name who approved this topic when he/she submit
> the code.
> >> The check-in fails if the title ID is not provided
> in the
> >> check-in description, or the title is not
> approved. Please
> >> let me know if you can add those two columns.

Re: Can you please add two columns on the topic?

Hi Gary,

I'll take this off this list, since most people won't be too interested in this.

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Gary Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I created three same titles. The codestriker did not stop me by creating same title repeatly. This is the primary reason I would like to have a ID auto generated each time when a title created. I will be able to distingush the topics even they have same title. I would like to hack the code to add this function if it is possible. Can you please give me the guidance and tell me where I should start with?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Gary

If you want to automatically add the topicid to the topic title, just
update this file:

lib/Codestriker/Action/SubmitNewTopic.pm:

go to the line that has this:

    # Create the topic in the model.
    my $topic = Codestriker::Model::Topic->new($topicid);
    $topic->create($topicid, $email, $topic_title, $topic_state,

change it to be:

    # Create the topic in the model.
    my $topic = Codestriker::Model::Topic->new($topicid);
    $topic_title .= "$topicid: $topic_title";
    $topic->create($topicid, $email, $topic_title, $topic_state,

This will prepend the topic ID to the title, which will ensure it is unique.