Cannot register/login to Codestriker

Khanh Nguyen
Hi all,

I've just installed Codestriker on my server Ubuntu 9.x.

I've run the page: http://myserver_address/codestriker/codestriker.pl
on a client machine and got the login page show up.

However, if I try to create a new account, after I put in an email
address and hit register I got the following error:

  The webpage at
http://myserver_address/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=add_new_user
might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new
web address.
  Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

If I go back to the create new account page and type in the same email
address I've just used earlier to register it will tell me that:

  User account [hidden email] already exists.

What did I miss in the configuration? How do I fix it now?

Also, in codestriker.conf, I've specified admin email in
$admin_users=['[hidden email]'].
But I don't know where the password for this admin account is
specified. Can someone explain please?

Thanks,
Chepukha

Re: Cannot register/login to Codestriker

This sounds strange.  I would do a google search for Error 330
(net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

It seems to be some chrome-specific issue:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=3388bd392b939f43&hl=en

Perhaps it might be worth checking another browser.  Also, check your
smtp email config, as you should have received an email with the
password of the account.  The apache error log files might show more
information.