Quantcast

Codestriker problem with Clearcase

PRADEEP NAIR
Hi there

I'm using v1.9.10 of Codestriker in Windows XP environment with MySQL database & Apache web server.

The version control software we use is Clearcase and unfortunately I have problems here.

I have created a topic which is a diff file generated by cleartool diff. Then from the topic, I've added a comment. On opening the comment tag, if I click on Parallel on any specific comment, it just opens a new browser window and I get the following error

Software error:

Can't open(GLOB(0x2642ed4), <, D:\var\temp\BBk5Xsz5sZ\Temp_YouCanDeleteThis): No such file or directory at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 66

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I did look at my Codestriker configuration file to check if the Clearcase repository location and it looks good to me. But for some reason it doesn't work. Is there anything else that I need to be doing to get it correct?

I checked the apache error.log file and all I could see relevant to this problem are the following lines

[Thu May 06 15:25:14 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [Thu May  6 15:25:14 2010] codestriker.pl: Argument "\\\\main\\\\eDev_5_Integration\\\\Stream1_Integration\\\\Stream2..." isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 60., referer: http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=list_comments&topic=1080017
[Thu May 06 15:25:14 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [Thu May  6 15:25:14 2010] codestriker.pl: Can't open(GLOB(0x2642ed4), <, D:\\var\\temp\\BBk5Xsz5sZ\\Temp_YouCanDeleteThis): No such file or directory at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 66, referer: http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=list_comments&topic=1080017

My repository configuration in codestriker.conf file is attached

Can someone suggest me what's wrong here.

Any help would be really grateful.

Thanks
Prad

Dams + Recycling + Desalination + Water efficiency = Water 4 Life.
NOTICE: This email is confidential. If you are not the nominated recipient, please immediately delete this email, destroy all copies and inform the sender. Sydney Water Corporation (Sydney Water) prohibits the unauthorised copying or distribution of this email. This email does not necessarily express the views of Sydney Water. Sydney Water does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free from errors, virus, interception or interference.

codestriker.conf (25K) Download Attachment

Re: Codestriker problem with Clearcase

Hi Prad,

One thing worth checking is the user running your apache has
permission to access your clearcase repository, and can run clearcase
commands.

As an experiment, you should be able to change the user running as
apache to a "normal" user which has clearcase access.

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM, PRADEEP NAIR
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm using v1.9.10 of Codestriker in Windows XP environment with MySQL database & Apache web server.
>
> The version control software we use is Clearcase and unfortunately I have problems here.
>
> I have created a topic which is a diff file generated by cleartool diff. Then from the topic, I've added a comment. On opening the comment tag, if I click on Parallel on any specific comment, it just opens a new browser window and I get the following error
>
> Software error:
>
> Can't open(GLOB(0x2642ed4), <, D:\var\temp\BBk5Xsz5sZ\Temp_YouCanDeleteThis): No such file or directory at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 66
>
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
>

> I did look at my Codestriker configuration file to check if the Clearcase repository location and it looks good to me. But for some reason it doesn't work. Is there anything else that I need to be doing to get it correct?
>
> I checked the apache error.log file and all I could see relevant to this problem are the following lines
>
> [Thu May 06 15:25:14 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [Thu May  6 15:25:14 2010] codestriker.pl: Argument "\\\\main\\\\eDev_5_Integration\\\\Stream1_Integration\\\\Stream2..." isn't numeric in numeric eq (==) at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 60., referer: http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=list_comments&topic=1080017
> [Thu May 06 15:25:14 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [Thu May  6 15:25:14 2010] codestriker.pl: Can't open(GLOB(0x2642ed4), <, D:\\var\\temp\\BBk5Xsz5sZ\\Temp_YouCanDeleteThis): No such file or directory at D:/Apps/codestriker-1.9.10/lib/Codestriker/Action/ViewTopicFile.pm line 66, referer: http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=list_comments&topic=1080017
>
> My repository configuration in codestriker.conf file is attached
>
> Can someone suggest me what's wrong here.
>
> Any help would be really grateful.
>
> Thanks
> Prad
>

> Dams + Recycling + Desalination + Water efficiency = Water 4 Life.
> NOTICE: This email is confidential. If you are not the nominated recipient, please immediately delete this email, destroy all copies and inform the sender. Sydney Water Corporation (Sydney Water) prohibits the unauthorised copying or distribution of this email. This email does not necessarily express the views of Sydney Water. Sydney Water does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free from errors, virus, interception or interference.

Re: Codestriker problem with Clearcase

Hi Prad,

The other thing to try is to open up Repository\ClearCaseSnapshot.pm,
go to line 68 and comment out this line (put a hash at the start of
the line):

    close <$input_fh>;

Let me know if this works - thanks.

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM, David Sitsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> My repository configuration in codestriker.conf file is attached
>>
>> Can someone suggest me what's wrong here.
>>
>> Any help would be really grateful.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Prad
>>

>> Dams + Recycling + Desalination + Water efficiency = Water 4 Life.
>> NOTICE: This email is confidential. If you are not the nominated recipient, please immediately delete this email, destroy all copies and inform the sender. Sydney Water Corporation (Sydney Water) prohibits the unauthorised copying or distribution of this email. This email does not necessarily express the views of Sydney Water. Sydney Water does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free from errors, virus, interception or interference.

Hi David

It worked !! I'm so happy. Spent more than two days on this, but in the end it was worth taking the effort.
Looks beautiful !

I had to comment out the line as mentioned below. Also I'm now running Apache Web Server under the local system account. So David, you were spot on!

Once again, I really appreciate for the great effort put together by every one in the codestriker development community. This certainly is a unique product.

Cheers
Prad