Quantcast

Create a link to declaration in the parallel view

Create a link to declaration in the parallel view

SJ123
Hi,

I might sound a little weird, but can we have something like a link to declaration
for all the functions or class or methods that we use in that source code that is
displayed in the screen once we click on the parallel link and that are declared
with in the scope that SVN.

If any one have any idea of how it can be done or is there any module that can be
helpful in doing so.

What I am thinking is to maintain a index of all such decelerations in that SVN and
checking in the code if there are any from that index and making it a link to the
declaration but I am not sure is it a right way to start with or how this can be
implemented....

Thanks

Re: Create a link to declaration in the parallel view

If you link Codestriker with LXR, then you will get these links
automatically.  Checkout out the manual and codestriker.conf for more
details.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM, SJ123 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I might sound a little weird, but can we have something like a link to
> declaration
> for all the functions or class or methods that we use in that source code
> that is
> displayed in the screen once we click on the parallel link and that are
> declared
> with in the scope that SVN.
>
> If any one have any idea of how it can be done or is there any module that
> can be
> helpful in doing so.
>
> What I am thinking is to maintain a index of all such decelerations in that
> SVN and
> checking in the code if there are any from that index and making it a link
> to the
> declaration but I am not sure is it a right way to start with or how this
> can be
> implemented....
>
> Thanks

Re: Create a link to declaration in the parallelview

Ahuja_Neeta
This is really a great suggestion. We all really like Codestriker  a
lot, and this addition would be so nice. I have not been able to find
the documentation for LXR, at least, for Linux. If I can figure out the
steps I need to do to compile and install it, I think the Codestriker
part would not be a big hurdle. I'm going to try out configure, make and
make install to see if it installs properly. The documentation on LXR is
so sparse. If anyone has good doc on LXR, please post.
Thanks,
Neeta

------

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

Re: Create a link to declaration in the parallel view

SJ123

I have been working on LXR and it works fine for CVS but can we configure
LXR to work on SVN and other repositories?

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM, SJ123 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on LXR and it works fine for CVS but can we configure
> LXR to work on SVN and other repositories?

I don't know.. I am pretty sure it is possible, as I thought I did
this some years ago.  You'll need to hunt down the documentation
yourself.