Flagging when done

Andre Rubin
Hi!

As far as I understood it, codestriker sends an email to the original
submitter every time a reviewer posts a comment. Is there a way to
pack all these comments in one email? Like, when I'm done reviewing?
Is there a way of telling the original submitter that I'm done
reviewing and he should start looking at the comments? (btw, these are
all the same question)

Thanks,

Andre

Re: Flagging when done

Hi Andre,

There has been a feature request for some time for this.  1.9.7 will
have the proper notion of a user in the system, so user email
preferences might come around for 1.9.8, where this sort of things
could be implemented.

For now, all emails are threaded by topic, so with a decent email
client and filters, you can save all codestriker emails into another
folder besides your inbox, with all messages related to a single topic
going into a single thread.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Andre Rubin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As far as I understood it, codestriker sends an email to the original
> submitter every time a reviewer posts a comment. Is there a way to
> pack all these comments in one email? Like, when I'm done reviewing?
> Is there a way of telling the original submitter that I'm done
> reviewing and he should start looking at the comments? (btw, these are
> all the same question)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andre

Re: Flagging when done

Russell Cattelan
Andre Rubin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As far as I understood it, codestriker sends an email to the original
> submitter every time a reviewer posts a comment. Is there a way to
> pack all these comments in one email? Like, when I'm done reviewing?
> Is there a way of telling the original submitter that I'm done
> reviewing and he should start looking at the comments? (btw, these are
> all the same question)

This has been on my wish list for some time.
It is also the number one complaint from our users.

I have thought about the problem a little, I was thinking of doing a simple
spam button that would batch up email for a topic and send out an email
with the delta of comments from the last push of the spam button.

Other suggestions?

> Thanks,
>
> Andre

Re: Flagging when done

Robert Hudson

Could be attached to the reviewer marking the review as completed - a
separate request that has been made :-)

> As far as I understood it, codestriker sends an email to the original
> submitter every time a reviewer posts a comment. Is there a way to
> pack all these comments in one email? Like, when I'm done reviewing?
> Is there a way of telling the original submitter that I'm done
> reviewing and he should start looking at the comments? (btw, these are
> all the same question)

This has been on my wish list for some time.
It is also the number one complaint from our users.

I have thought about the problem a little, I was thinking of doing a
simple
spam button that would batch up email for a topic and send out an email
with the delta of comments from the last push of the spam button.

Other suggestions?

> Thanks,
>
> Andre

challenge
prizes
world

challenge
prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
world

Re: Flagging when done

Yes - reviewer-specific "metrics" where a reviewer can say, I'm done
makes sense.  It is on our list.

I think it also makes sense for users to be able to configure email
alerts, similar to how Bugzilla does it.

However I wonder about the "spam" type button - if a review has say 20
comments, the email will be quite long and I suspect hard to
read/digest.

Wouldn't it be easier for a reviewer to just go to the comments tab of
the topic and work through each comment one-by-one, and changing the
comments state to "Completed" when they have handled it?