How to upload second version of diff?

Arun Saha
Hi,

We are using codestriker, and are very excited about it. We are using version 1.9.7.

Is there any option to upload a second version of the diff?

The question is coming from the following situation. I create a topic, and upload a version of diff. Reviewers provide some comments. I incorporate the comments and want to upload a second version of diff for reviewers' approval.

Regards,
Arun

Re: How to upload second version of diff?

Kenneth Wolcott
Hi Arun;

  Nice question!

  We have the same issue in my team -- the second round is now exercised with cvs diffs in the comment section or a new Codestriker topic is started and the comments from the first topic are disconnected from the comments in the second topic.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:32, Arun Saha <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We are using codestriker, and are very excited about it. We are using version 1.9.7.

Is there any option to upload a second version of the diff?

The question is coming from the following situation. I create a topic, and upload a version of diff. Reviewers provide some comments. I incorporate the comments and want to upload a second version of diff for reviewers' approval.

Regards,
Arun

Re: How to upload second version of diff?

Yes.. its not ideal at the moment.  For really small changes, diffs in
the comments is a practical approach, or you can obsolete the topic
(see obsolete option on topic properties screen), create the new
topic, and then at least you are just a click away from the previous
comments.

Ideally, the best approach would be to upload new versions of the
changed files into the same topic, and Codestriker could automatically
maintain versions of files, including their comments.

If I actually had any spare time, I don't think it would be a mammoth
task, but these days, our team have migrated to a post-commit
workflow, which presents its own issues for tracking review comments
and responses to them.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Kenneth Wolcott
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Arun;
>
>   Nice question!
>
>   We have the same issue in my team -- the second round is now exercised
> with cvs diffs in the comment section or a new Codestriker topic is started
> and the comments from the first topic are disconnected from the comments in
> the second topic.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:32, Arun Saha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> We are using codestriker, and are very excited about it. We are using
>> version 1.9.7.
>> Is there any option to upload a second version of the diff?
>> The question is coming from the following situation. I create a topic, and
>> upload a version of diff. Reviewers provide some comments. I incorporate the
>> comments and want to upload a second version of diff for reviewers'
>> approval.
>> Regards,
>> Arun

Re: How to upload second version of diff?

Arun Saha
Thank you Ken and David.