Re: CodeStriker cannot display the diff with the correct format when view an topic

Re: CodeStriker cannot display the diff with the correct format when view an topic

Hi Peng,

On line 77 of the file bin\codestriker.pl.base, there is:

$ENV{'PATH'} = '';

Can you change it to (or the directory where cmd.exe is):

$ENV{'PATH'} = 'c:/Windows/system32';

Then re-run install.pl, restart your web-server and try again? Please
let me know if this fixes it.

Are you using mod-perl or CGI?

Re: CodeStriker cannot display the diff with the correct format when view an topic

Hi Peng,

> My environment is: windows 2003 + IIS 6.0 + mod_perl (ActivePerl-5.12.2.1202)+ Highlight converter V3.1. And there are two virtual directories "codestriker", "codestrikerhtml" under the "Default Web Site".

IIS (and CGI.pm that ships with Perl) is troublesome.  Its been some
years since I have last used it.  Can I suggest you use apache
instead?  This won't have this issue with the URLs.

As for the file parsing issue - can you email me the smallest VSS diff
file that doesn't parse so I can check it out?  Thanks.

Re: CodeStriker cannot display the diff with the correct format when view an topic

Hi Peng,

This one "works" in a sense, but it has no content.  Perhaps this is
why it is returning the whole file.

Can you try another diff which actually has some source code changes?
If it still fails, can you send me a sample?

2010/11/10 杨鹏 <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks, David.
>
> Attachment(log) is the diff file generated by the ssdiff.pl. Also I attached
> the codestriker.conf, hope it could give more information to you. Thanks.
>
> Thanks
> Peng

It can't do it nicely today.  The only way is to "obsolete the
existing topic" from the topic properties screen, and then create the
new topic.  The topics are linked together, but its not that
convenient compared to other tools.