Re: Codestriker error

Hi Rick,

That sounds strange.  Do you get the same issue if you use firefox?

The STICKY flag comes from one of those overlib*.js files in the html
directory.  I take it they are all properly accessible from the
web-server?

Are you using apache or IIS?  I wonder if the web-server log files
might tell us something more.  Certainly nobody else has reported an
issue like this.  I wonder if one of those files is missing?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Contreras, Rick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, so I've got everything pretty much in working condition. However, the
> one piece of the puzzle that I'm unable to figure out is the links used to
> add comments to topics that have been posted. That said, here's the error I
> get:
>

> I click on the Add General Comment link or any of the other links that are
> supposed to display the sticky where you post any comments, but nothing
> happens. Then I go to the bottom left corner and click on the error to get
> more info and the above is what I see. Any suggestions? Is STICKY supposed
> to be initialized? I did a search and didn't see any initialization. Then
> again, I'm not that familiar with javascript and not sure if that's valid or
> not.
>

> Thanks for any help or suggestions!
>

> Rick Contreras
> 1900 Prairie City Rd
> Folsom, CA 95630
> 916.356.2472
> [hidden email]
> http://www.intel.com

Re: Codestriker error

You should have the following javascript files in that directory:

codestriker.js  overlib_centerpopup.js  overlib_draggable.js
overlib.js  xbdhtml.js

Can you access the following URL from your browser?

http://fm6swww012/codestrikerhtml/xbdhtml.js

Does the same issue happen with firefox?

Maybe if you can send me the html output from the main page as an
attachment, I might be able to see an issue in the html itself.

Cheersd,
David

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Contreras, Rick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks David for the reply! I am using IIS. The files I have on my install directory (D:\Applications\codestrikernew\html\) are:
>
> Overlib.js
> Overlib_centerpopup.js
> Overlib_drggable.js
>
> When you say properly accessible from the web-server, do you mean the share is accessible to the account running the website?
>
> Thanks David for your help and input on this!
>
> Regards,
> Rick

Re: Codestriker error

Hi Rick,

Can you try the attached codestriker.js file, replacing what you have
in your install?  This fixed an issue I had with IE on a system where
authentication was enabled, but I couldn't reproduce the issue you are
having.  What version of IE are you using?

Cheer,s
David

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:29 AM, Contreras, Rick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks David! Hope you had a great weekend! Here's what I get when I attempt
> to go to the link you inquired about:
>

> The actual output of the html is as attached. Thanks David and have a great
> week! Thank you for your support and help!
>

> Regards,
>
> Rick

codestriker.js (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Codestriker error

You can access it from here:

http://codestriker.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/codestriker/codestriker/html/codestriker.js?revision=1.20

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Contreras, Rick
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Can you try re-naming the file to some other extension? It looks like our network has blocked the attachment. All I got was a warning as an attachment... hehe... Thank again!

Re: Codestriker error

Looking at your screenshot - something isn't setup right, as the URL is:

http://fm6swww012/codestriker?topic=7466430&action=view&mode=0&brmode=1&fview=0

It should look something like:

http://fm6swww012/codestriker/codestriker.pl?topic=7466430&action=view&mode=0&brmode=1&fview=0

I can only guess something is mis-configured in IIS.  Can you re-check
the instructions from the manual and make sure you have set this up
correctly?

I am assuming you are using Codestriker 1.9.7?

Can you browse to the following URL to see all the topics?
http://fm6swww012/codestriker/codestriker.pl