Re: Problem with e-mail and Code Difference in CodeSTriker

Re: Problem with e-mail and Code Difference in CodeSTriker

>                 I have configured CodeStriker on my machine. But when I
> create a new user the mail is not sent. It is giving some error as Bad File
> at AddUser.pm at line 88.Also when I create a Topic for Review I am not able

This possibly means your web-server can't open a SMTP connection to
your specified mail server.  Check that your $mailhost set in
codestriker.conf is correct, and that a firewall isn't getting in the
way, blocking the connection.

> to see the highlighting of changed text nor any colour for the file and text
> as provided in documentation for CodeStriker. Can you please explain me the
> problem for both these issues. Its urgent.

Can you send me the example topic text you uploaded, and a screenshot?

Re: Problem with e-mail and Code Difference in CodeSTriker

Hi Nilesh,

Read the manual on how you create topic text.  You use your SCM system
to create a diff file, then upload that into Codestriker.  It will
handle the "colours" showing changes properly.

For syntax highlighting.. check the codestriker.conf file for more details.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Kathole,
Nilesh<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>        Thanks for your response. I have attached screenshots of the topics. As seen I am not able to see any highlighting colour for the code in the topic. No hyperlinks colours are displayed. I have tried uploading the CodeStriker.pl as given in the screenshot of the configuration for CodeStriker but it is behaving the same manner. I want to make it clear whether some more configuration is required in order to display the colour highlighting the code change.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Nilesh  Kathole
> Software Engineer

Please email me (don't bother the list) the topic text that you are
uploading and your codestriker.conf file so I can see what you are
doing.