Re: e-mail configuration doesn't work

Sreenivasa Rao Iruvanti
Hello David,

Initially I thought it's issue with mail server. But I'm getting mail notification when I create new user for login. But same mail notification is working when new topic is created and review comments given by the reviewer. I also have the following configuration values set to 1 which is true.

$email_send_options =
    {
    comments_sent_to_topic_author => 0,
    comments_sent_to_commenter => 0,
    topic_state_change_sent_to_reviewers => 1
    };
We have struck only at this point and hence seeking your help.

Regards
Sreenivas

Re: e-mail configuration doesn't work

Sreenivasa Rao Iruvanti

I'm sorry. There is a typo in my previous post. Pl correct as below.

But same mail notification is not working when new topic is created and review comments given by the reviewer.

Regards

Sreenivas

Yes. I realized this and talking our IT services team.

Regards

Sreenivas

This is an issue with the mail server you are using.  You'd need to

look at its config to get this working.  Often having email

authentication is enough, but it is really server-specific.  This has

nothing to do with codestriker.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Sreenivasa Rao

Iruvanti<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,

> I set mail host in codestriker.conf file, but e-mail is not received and I’m

> seeing the following message.

> Couldn't set sender to "[hidden email]" , The sender is spoofed.

> What could be the problem.

> Regards

> Sreenivas

> DISCLAIMER:

> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect

> the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.

> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,

> distribution and / or publication of

> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail

> is strictly prohibited. If you have

> immediately. Before opening any mail and

> on

Re: e-mail configuration doesn't work

Hi Sreenivas,

What error message do you see?  Feel free to email me your
codestriker.conf file so I can see what email settings you are using.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Sreenivasa Rao
Iruvanti<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sorry. There is a typo in my previous post. Pl correct as below.
>

> But same mail notification is not working when new topic is created and
> review comments given by the reviewer.
>

> Regards
>
> Sreenivas

Thanks for your reply. Here's the message I'm getting after submit of topic and review comments. The last line says email has been sent, but actually not. But this is not true when new user created and mail has been sent successfully. Pl find attached my codestriker.conf file for your reference.

Couldn't set sender to "[hidden email]" , The sender is spoofed.

Topic title: Test topic

Topic URL: http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=view&topic=6676330

Email has been sent to: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]

Regards

Sreenivas

What error message do you see?  Feel free to email me your

codestriker.conf file so I can see what email settings you are using.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Sreenivasa Rao

Iruvanti<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sorry. There is a typo in my previous post. Pl correct as below.

> But same mail notification is not working when new topic is created and

> review comments given by the reviewer.

> Regards

> Sreenivas

codestriker.conf (33K) Download Attachment

Re: e-mail configuration doesn't work

Usually you need to specify a username/password, so that the SMTP
server knows you are authenticated.  Can you set the $mailuser and
$mailpasswd to some valid values and try again?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Sreenivasa Rao
Iruvanti<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello David,
>

> Thanks for your reply. Here's the message I'm getting after submit of topic
> and review comments. The last line says email has been sent, but actually
> not. But this is not true when new user created and mail has been sent
> successfully. Pl find attached my codestriker.conf file for your reference.
>

> Couldn't set sender to "[hidden email]" , The sender is spoofed.
>
> Topic title: Test topic

> Topic URL:
> http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=view&topic=6676330
>

> Email has been sent to: [hidden email], [hidden email],
> [hidden email]
>

> Regards
>
> Sreenivas

I tried this, but no use. Pl note with or without SMTP authentication I'm able to get create user notification mail.

Regards
Sreenivas

Usually you need to specify a username/password, so that the SMTP
server knows you are authenticated.  Can you set the $mailuser and
$mailpasswd to some valid values and try again?

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Sreenivasa Rao
Iruvanti<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello David,
>

> Thanks for your reply. Here's the message I'm getting after submit of topic
> and review comments. The last line says email has been sent, but actually
> not. But this is not true when new user created and mail has been sent
> successfully. Pl find attached my codestriker.conf file for your reference.
>

> Couldn't set sender to "[hidden email]" , The sender is spoofed.
>
> Topic title: Test topic

> Topic URL:
> http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl?action=view&topic=6676330
>

> Email has been sent to: [hidden email], [hidden email],
> [hidden email]
>

> Regards
>
> Sreenivas

I tried with another mail server and I'm getting below error. What should I do?

Software error:
No SASL mechanism found
 at C:/Perl/site/lib/Authen/SASL.pm line 74
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Regards
Sreenivas

Can you try another mail server?  It is clearly something to do with
it.  No other users report this issue.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Sreenivasa Rao Iruvanti
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> I tried this, but no use. Pl note with or without SMTP authentication I'm able to get create user notification mail.
>
> Regards
> Sreenivas

Run bin/install.pl - it will show you how to install the Authen::SASL
Perl module.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Sreenivasa Rao Iruvanti
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> I tried with another mail server and I'm getting below error. What should I do?
>
> Software error:
> No SASL mechanism found
>  at C:/Perl/site/lib/Authen/SASL.pm line 74
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([hidden email]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
>
> Regards
> Sreenivas

I executed this and it says module is okay. Snap shot below.

C:\Documents and Settings\siruvanti\Desktop\codestriker-1.9.9\codestriker-1.9.9\
bin>install.pl
Checking for  LWP::UserAgent (any)     ok: found v5.826
Checking for             CGI (v2.56)   ok: found v3.43
Checking for       Net::SMTP (any)     ok: found v2.31
Checking for MIME::QuotedPrint (v2.14)   ok: found v3.07
Checking for             DBI (v1.13)   ok: found v1.607
Checking for        Template (v2.07)   ok: found v2.22
Checking for  HTML::Entities (any)     ok: found v3.60
Checking for      File::Temp (any)     ok: found v0.18
Checking for        XML::RSS (v1.05)    ok: not found, optional
Checking for    Encode::Byte (any)     ok: found v2.03
Checking for Encode::Unicode (any)     ok: found v2.05
Version string '-1' contains invalid data; ignoring: '-1' at C:\Documents and Se
ttings\siruvanti\Desktop\codestriker-1.9.9\codestriker-1.9.9\bin\install.pl line
 239.
Checking for         DBD::Pg (any)     ok: found v2.10.0
Checking for    Authen::SASL (any)     ok: found v2.12
Generating cgi-bin/codestriker.pl file...
Removing old generated templates...
Done

Regards
Sreenivas