Subversion authorisation and codestriker

Subversion authorisation and codestriker

Hendrik Schalekamp

Hi,

I’m currently getting the following error while trying to set up a new topic

Problem generating topic text:

svn: Can’t determine the user’s config path

Is there some way to specify the username and password that codestriker should use when accessing a subversion repository? Or (but preferably not) maybe to specify that it should use an anonymous login. I hope that might partially sort out the issue above.

http://www.optimalenergy.co.za/estat/images/logo.png

HENDRIK SCHALEKAMP
Chief Software Engineer

+27 83 647 7674
T +27 21 462 7804   F +27 21 462 7802
The Palms   145 Sir Lowry Rd   Cape Town   South Africa   7802
www.optimalenergy.co.za

This e-mail, including attachments, is confidential, may be privileged, proprietary and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient or (the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), do not disclose, distribute, retain it or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail and please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail. Such unauthorized use may be unlawful. E-mail is not necessarily secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. It is your responsibility to ensure that e-mails are virus free. No one may conclude a contract on behalf of the company by e-mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of the company. The company accepts no responsibility for any loss or damages arising in any way from the use of this e-mail as a means of communication.

Re: Subversion authorisation and codestriker

Check the codestriker.conf file for some examples, but you can define
a Subversion repository string with the username and password.  Here
are some examples:

svn:http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk;username;password

and

svn://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk;username;password

However, I am not 100% sure this is the issue.  I would also try and
log in as the same user that the web-server is running as and try
running some subversion commands to ensure the user can actually do
so.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Hendrik Schalekamp
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently getting the following error while trying to set up a new topic
>

> Problem generating topic text:
>

> svn: Can't determine the user's config path
>

> Is there some way to specify the username and password that codestriker
> should use when accessing a subversion repository? Or (but preferably not)
> maybe to specify that it should use an anonymous login. I hope that might
> partially sort out the issue above.
>

> HENDRIK SCHALEKAMP
> Chief Software Engineer
>
> +27 83 647 7674
> T +27 21 462 7804   F +27 21 462 7802
> The Palms   145 Sir Lowry Rd   Cape Town   South Africa   7802
> www.optimalenergy.co.za
>
> This e-mail, including attachments, is confidential, may be privileged,
> proprietary and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s) and
> access to it by any other person is unauthorized. If you are not the
> intended recipient or (the person responsible for delivering this document
> to the intended recipient), do not disclose, distribute, retain it or in any
> other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail and please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail. Such unauthorized use
> may be unlawful. E-mail is not necessarily secure or error free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
> incomplete or contain viruses. It is your responsibility to ensure that
> e-mails are virus free. No one may conclude a contract on behalf of the
> company by e-mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised
> representative of the company. The company accepts no responsibility for any
> loss or damages arising in any way from the use of this e-mail as a means of
> communication.

Re: Subversion authorisation and codestriker

Hendrik Schalekamp
Thanx David,

I gave the username and password a bash and that didn't help. So I logged in
as the appropriate user (IWAM_foo) and ran the svn command via the command
line and that worked. The problem must have something to do with the way svn
responds while being called via the perl script under the webserver. I'm a
bit baffled as to what to try next... Does codestriker use the temp
directory when it generates the "svn diff"s?

-H

Ah ha - you are using IIS?  Anyway, I would google the string "svn:
Can't determine the user's config path".  There seem to be lots of
hits, and it all relates to IIS and security:

http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?t=242

I don't use IIS, so I can't help you directly, but it seems to be a
common issue.  Let us know how you go.