While attempting to change the state of the topic from Open to Approved an error appears: " No email address was entered"

While attempting to change the state of the topic from Open to Approved an error appears: " No email address was entered"

Kenneth Wolcott
Hi Codestriker experts;

While attempting to change the state of the topic from Open to Approved an error appears: "  No email address was entered".

I wrote up a Codestriker bug (3030778) on this since I did not find a pre-existing bug that was at all similar.

I  am going (very soon now) to be migrating to a brand new Linux vm (vmware) server for Codestriker (up-to-date Linux, up-to-date MySQL, up-to-date Apache and up-to-date Codestriker).

Meanwhile I have Codestirker reviewers (including myself) who have been able to change the state of a topic from Open to Approved in the past but who are no longer able to do so.

Now I am getting pressure to fix this as the workaround I have devised works but is silly (ask someone else to be the Codestriker reviewer, even if he/she is not technically qualified to be the reviewer of the specific topic).

I have no idea how to troubleshoot/debug this state change failure.

Thanks in advance to all useful advice received.

Ken Wolcott

Re: While attempting to change the state of the topic from Open to Approved an error appears: " No email address was entered"

Hi Ken,

There is no "Approved" state in a default Codestriker install, so it
sounds like you have made some customisations on your install?
Perhaps you can send me your codestriker.conf file, and any mods you
have made to the default install, and possible your apache error.log
file to help diagnose.