Win 2003 IIS - HTTP 400 Bad Request

Surya Challa

Hello All:

    I followed the installation instructions and setup Codestriker 1.9.9 . I have setup two virtual directories ‘codestriker’ and ‘codestrikerhtml’ under ‘Default Website’.

When I goto the URL :

http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl

I get ‘HTTP 400 Bad Request’.  In log files, I see that the URL tries to redirect to following URL :

GET /login/form/redirect/http:/localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl

And that throws the 400 error (its trying to goto root directory instead of some kind of /codestiker/....   kind of url). Did I do something wrong in the setup?

TIA,

Regards,

Kash

Re: Win 2003 IIS - HTTP 400 Bad Request

Hi Kash,

Can you please try the 1.9.10 release and let me know how you go?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Surya Challa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All:
>
>     I followed the installation instructions and setup Codestriker 1.9.9 . I
> have setup two virtual directories ‘codestriker’ and ‘codestrikerhtml’ under
> ‘Default Website’.
>

> When I goto the URL :
>

> http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl
>

> I get ‘HTTP 400 Bad Request’.  In log files, I see that the URL tries to
> redirect to following URL :
>

> GET /login/form/redirect/http:/localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl
>

> And that throws the 400 error (its trying to goto root directory instead of
> some kind of /codestiker/....   kind of url). Did I do something wrong in
> the setup?
>

> TIA,
>
> Regards,
>
> Kash

Re: Win 2003 IIS - HTTP 400 Bad Request

Surya Challa
Hi David,
   Had the same issue. After spending few hours and patching up some issues,
have the system working. Below are the list of changes.

My Environment:
IIS 6.0 on Win2003
Oracle - 11.1.0.6.0
Activestate - 5.10.1.1006

I setup new IIS Website at 9020 port, with following details:
root - C:\Inetpub\codestriker-1.9.10
  codestriker (virtual dir) - C:\Inetpub\codestriker-1.9.10\cgi-bin
  codestrikerhtml (virtual dir) - C:\Inetpub\codestriker-1.9.10\html

Changes:

1) $query->url():
$query->url() was not giving complete url, it was just giving base
URL("http://myserver:9020). This was a major issue, as $query->url() was
used in multiple places. I experimented with CGI module and eventually found
$query->url(-path_info=>1) to give the correct url :
"http://myserver:9020/codestriker/codestriker.pl". I changed it in following
files:

codestriker-1.9.10\lib\Codestriker\Action - Authenticate.pm, CreateTopic.pm
codestriker-1.9.10\lib\Codestriker\Http - Method.pm, Response.pm,
URLBuilder.pm

 URLBuilder may need changes in more places. There were calls to
query_string->url(..), but I was not sure if those calls need changes.

2) Environment path:
perl was giving 'Can't load Oracle.dll for module DBD::Oracle'. Commented
out the line that was clearing the PATH in codestriker.pl
Changed following line in 'codestriker-1.9.10\cgi-bin\codestriker.pl'

3) tempfiles:
Despite giving all permissions to 'Network Service', 'IUSR_MYSERVER' ,
execute_command in CodeStriker.pm was failing to run 'svn' client. I changed
the 'if' condition so that execute_command runs 'open3'. (The change was a
quick fix, need to put a better condition)
   In CodeStriker.pm, the file path had a mix of "/" and "\" as directory
separators. Suspecting that they could be a problem, I used
'File::Spec->catfile', to get correct path. The change did not help, but am
leaving the changes as it is better for platform independence.

Attached are the changed files. I am attaching complete files, instead of
diffs (don’t have tools to get the unified diff on windows). I am a newbit
to Perl, so some of my changes may not be clean.

Cheers,
Surya

Can you please try the 1.9.10 release and let me know how you go?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Surya Challa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello All:
>
>     I followed the installation instructions and setup Codestriker 1.9.9 .
> have setup two virtual directories ‘codestriker’ and ‘codestrikerhtml’
under

> ‘Default Website’.
>

> When I goto the URL :
>

> http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl
>

> I get ‘HTTP 400 Bad Request’.  In log files, I see that the URL tries to
> redirect to following URL :
>

> GET /login/form/redirect/http:/localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl
>

> And that throws the 400 error (its trying to goto root directory instead
of

> some kind of /codestiker/....   kind of url). Did I do something wrong in
> the setup?
>

> TIA,
>
> Regards,
>
> Kash

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference

UrlChanges.zip (15K) Download Attachment
codestriker.pl (5K) Download Attachment
Codestriker.pm (25K) Download Attachment

Re: Win 2003 IIS - HTTP 400 Bad Request

Hi Surya,

>   Had the same issue. After spending few hours and patching up some issues,
> have the system working. Below are the list of changes.

Thanks for that - I've added it to my list to look at for the next release.