Quantcast

codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

Abhishek Srivastava
Hello all,

I am trying to install codestriker on

    1. Windows XP
    2. Active State Perl 5.10.1
    3. IIS 6
    4. MySQL 5.1.44

I have unzipped the contents of code striker at C:\codestriker-1.9.10

I have created two virtual directories in IIS codestriker (points to C:\codestriker-1.9.10\cgi-bin) and codestrikerhtml (points to C:\codestriker-1.9.10\html).

After editing the codestriker.conf and running install.pl when I access http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl

I get an error "Oh Oh ... can't find codestriker.js, please check your web-server config"

when I do a view source in this file I see that each and every URL is pointing to

http://localhosthtml/codestriker.css
http://localhosthtml/codestriker.js

So obviously the server name is wrong. rather the correct URL is http://localhost/codestrikerhtml/

However I don't know how to change this, since the codestriker.pl is an auto-generated file.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

Hi Abhishek,

Firstly, I'd strongly recommend using Apache over IIS, as there are
some issues at present with IIS.  Start with CGI deployment to make
sure it is all working first.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Abhishek Srivastava
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install codestriker on
>
>    1. Windows XP
>    2. Active State Perl 5.10.1
>    3. IIS 6
>    4. MySQL 5.1.44
>
> I have unzipped the contents of code striker at C:\codestriker-1.9.10
>
> I have created two virtual directories in IIS codestriker (points to
> C:\codestriker-1.9.10\cgi-bin) and codestrikerhtml (points to
> C:\codestriker-1.9.10\html).
>
> After editing the codestriker.conf and running install.pl when I access
> http://localhost/codestriker/codestriker.pl
>
> I get an error "Oh Oh ... can't find codestriker.js, please check your
> web-server config"
>
> when I do a view source in this file I see that each and every URL is
> pointing to
>
> http://localhosthtml/codestriker.css
> http://localhosthtml/codestriker.js
>
> So obviously the server name is wrong. rather the correct URL is
> http://localhost/codestrikerhtml/
>
> However I don't know how to change this, since the codestriker.pl is an
> auto-generated file.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Abhishek

Re: codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

Hari Krishna Duvuri
Hi Abhishek

I am also facing similar issue what you mentioned did you find any luck solving the issue? If pls let me know how you have corrected the "localhosthtml".

Thank & Regards,
Hari Krishna

Re: codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

mzahrani2010
I am running codeStriker on IIS. Any suggestion on how to fix the this script popup that codestriker.js is missing?

Re: codeStriker on IIS/ActiveStatePerl and MYSQL

neil1987
Hello,

Mine is also similar config. Any luck with this. Please let me know if there is a fix. Thanks.