Quantcast

transfer of database to new machine -- config problem

transfer of database to new machine -- config problem

David Carson
David,

I think I've seen this problem before, but cannot remember what is going on.

I had to move Codestriker to new hardware last night.  I used mysqldump to back up the DB and then restored it on the new machine.  (DB and codestriker app are running on the SAME machine as each other, as before, just a different machine than they used to be on.)

Now, when I search for topics, I get a nice list of topics as expected.  However, whenever I enter a topic, all I see is a link:

     Codestriker 1.9.10 - Topic Details

It seems that CS knows about the real diff, because I can see coloration for removed lines and added lines, but no code.  Everything has been moved from old machine to new:
- viewvc
- svn repository
- codestriker
- etc.

Apparently, there is something CS does not like about the change, but I don't know what.

~David

Re: transfer of database to new machine -- config problem

David Carson
Let me explain this a little better.

The body of the topic, where I normally see snippets of code with diffs, is where I am seeing "Codestriker 1.9.10 - Topic Details".  In fact, looking at a longer topic (larger diff), I now realize that what I am seeing in the body (diff section) is the viewtopicheader template.  In the longer body, I also see other links that are part of the topic header template, like
  • List all open topics
  • List open topics in project
  • etc.
So, for some reason, CS is using the wrong template when it tries to display the diff (I think).

Any ideas why?

~David

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM, David Carson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

OK, yes, I had seen this problem before.  Sorry for the rehash.  Hopefully someone else will benefit from this thread.

The problem is that $highlighter is set in my codestriker.conf file, but I had forgotten to install it on the new machine.  Once I installed my highlighter, the 'highlight' package, everything is being displayed properly.

Problem solved.

~David